1. Award for excellence for early career achievements: to be bestowed at the 4-yearly AAPS congress.
2 . Award for excellent achievements and service by African women physiologists: to be bestowed at the 4-yearly AAPS congress.
3. President’s award for service and dedication to advance the aims and ideals of the AAPS.
4. ADI award for excellence and innovation in Physiology education, teaching, and learning: to be bestowed at teaching and learning workshop.
5. Early Career Physiology Travel Awards: for early career physiologists to attend AAPS teaching and learning workshops or the 4-yearly AAPS congress.
6. Student Travel Awards: for postgraduate students to attend the 4-yearly AAPS congress.
7. AAPS workshop/congress awards: for best oral and poster presentations (limited to postgraduate students and/or early career faculty academics depending on the nature of the workshop and/or congress).